Moving school during the year

Applications for moving during the school year can only be made online using the Citizen Portal.  Once the application has been processed and a decision reached (10 – 15 school days), you will receive an email informing you that your child’s school place details are available in the Citizen Portal.  To view the offer information, you will need to log into the Citizen Portal.  This will advise you of the school place offered to your child and what you need to do next.

Login to the Citizen Portal 

If you are applying for a school place at a school in another local authority, you will need to contact that local authority to find out the process of applying for schools in that area.  You cannot use the Bolton Citizen Portal to apply to move school place to another area. 

Before you fill in your application you should read the information on the following pages carefully as it explains the admissions procedure in full.