You can only vote in elections if your name is on the Register of Electors.
The following people are allowed to vote:
- if you are eighteen years or over
- all British, Commonwealth, Irish and other European Union citizens
- overseas electors
- members of HM Forces and their spouses
- crown servants employed outside the United Kingdom
- European citizens are allowed to vote in European and Local Elections only
- overseas electors are allowed to vote in Parliamentary and European Elections only.
The deadline to register to vote in this year’s local elections is midnight on Friday 12th April 2019