People services workforce development training programme 2019/2020
We offer comprehensive, high quality training courses to suit the mandatory and essential training requirements of the children’s workforce. The training is open to all staff and practitioners who come under the umbrella of Children’s Services including:
- early years, private, voluntary and independent providers
- Start Well Centres
- childminders voluntary, community and faith sector
- youth, play and sport
The Start Well Service works with the Early Years workforce and other professionals to ensure the best possible start in life for every child.
HMRC E-learning Courses
Courses for advice and guidance from the Inland Revenue:
- take the first step to finding out about registering for VAT and getting started
- once registered, this e-learning will give more information about VAT
Click on the links below to find out more about each course, including booking and payment information.
Workforce Development mandatory training
Young people and mental health MindEd e-learning
The three modules below are suitable as an introduction/awareness level around all aspects of mental health in relation to young people.
- Introduction to the MindEd Content
- Normal Psychological Development
- Common Problems and First Help
For further information please visit MindEd.
- Me Learning is a suite of on-line training courses that have been purchased by the council. It contains 160 flexible, adaptable & easily accessible courses on a wide range of subjects.
Licences cost £20.00 per person (currently licenced till March 2020). Instructions on how to login to the system.
For information about First Aid training please contact the Bolton Under Fives Forum by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and safety
- Keeping Children Safe Level 1 - Framework for Action
- Early Help and Child Action at Level 2
- Keeping Children Safe Level 2 and level 3 for Childminders
- Keeping Children Safe Level 1 - Online Training
- Keeping Children Safe Level 3 - Child Protection Processes
- Keeping Children Safe Level 3 Refresher
For information please contact the Governance Services Team by emailing email@example.com.
Start Well Training
How to become a childminder
Download these handy training matrices to record your staff training record or your own personal development plan.
- Training matrix template 1
- Training matrix template 2
- Training matrix template 3
- Training matix template - blank
- Training matrix - childminders