Learning and Development Team
We offer comprehensive, high-quality training courses to suit the mandatory and essential training requirements of the children’s workforce. The training is open to all staff and practitioners who come under the umbrella of Children’s Services including:
- early years, private, voluntary and independent providers
- Start Well Centres
- childminders voluntary, community and faith sector
- youth, play and sport
The Start Well Service works with the early years workforce and other professionals to ensure the best possible start in life for every child.
E - Learning
Me-Learning is the online learning platform that has up to 130 online courses, whether you want advice about GDPR, leading a meeting, customer service or dealing with loss or bereavement. Me-Learning enables learning at a time, pace and place to suit you. Courses are flexible, adaptable and easily accessible, and cover a wide range of relevant subjects.
A full licence will give you unlimited access to all courses until March the 31st 2024 for just £25+VAT per person. To request a Me-learning license please complete the Me-Learning Request form.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Please follow this link to access Me-Learning platform. Login - Blue LMS (melearning.university)
Moodle is a free e-learning platform that offers the following courses to the children workforce:
- Keeping Children Safe
- Elective Home Education
You can also find out about sector specific training from the Start Well Service who work with the early years workforce and other professionals, to ensure the best possible start in life for every child.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
As part of the Council’s commitment to inclusion and in line with our Belonging in Bolton Strategy, the Inclusive Education and SEND Training Program has been developed.
We are pleased to announce our new Mental Health training program. Please follow the links below to learn more about each course and email LearningandDevelopment@bolton.gov.uk if you would like to book on any of them.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two day face to face workshop, featuring powerful audio visuals, discussions and simulations.
- Five Ways to Wellbeing is a one hour introductory workshop that explores the '5 ways to Wellbeing' and introduce the training pathway that will be available for staff to support many aspects of wellbeing and mental health
- Connect 5 - Making Mental Wellbeing Conversations Work is a three session programme that is created to upskill non mental health staff to understand and address mental health issues within their everyday practice
- Living Life To The Full (LLTTF) builds on helping people learn how to improve how they feel when they are feeling low or stressed
- Mental Health Awareness is for anyone interested in developing their awareness of mental health and well-being
- Mental Health Champions for those who support others, and to gain awareness in recognising signs and symptoms of mental health issues
- SafeTALK - suicide alertness.
- What causes well-being to dip will help you to increase well-being in yourself and your co-workers
- Mental Health First Aid (2 day) - for those who wish to be nominated as a Mental Health First Aider
- Bet You Can Help Now - Gambling Related Harm (GRH) and the associated issues
- LGBT+ Awareness - one day training course
- MindEd - Mental health support for children and young people. To create your free MindEd account please visit the MindEd website. The three modules are part of the courses entitled 'core content' and are suitable as an introduction/awareness level around mental health in relation to young people:
- Introduction to the MindEd content
- Normal psychological development
- Common problems and first help
Join us for a free 2 hour mindfulness session run by a qualified counsellor: Mindfulness Session Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite
How to become a childminder
- Details of courses available can be accessed via the Start Well website
Team Teach - aimed at Bolton Foster Carers
The following course is available:
Bolton Safeguarding Children Partnership
This is an example of a training matrix that you can use in your setting, to record staff completion of mandatory training. It is a good way to show staff, and Ofsted where your setting is up to in undertaking both mandatory and CPD training.
A blank template is available for you tailor to your own setting.
Health and Safety - supporting people
- Safe Handling and Administration of Medication L2 for Children, including Ofsted requirements gives delegates the knowledge required to administer medicines safely and efficiently to children in line with policies, legislation, safety practice and Ofsted standards.
HMRC E-learning courses
Courses for advice and guidance from the Inland Revenue: