We have a duty to ensure that suitable travel arrangements are made for eligible children to attend their nearest qualifying schools or other relevant institutions. This page details the support available in Bolton. 
Both the Local Authority and Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) have differently responsibilities with regards to bus passes and travel permits. Please read the documentation to ensure that you are aware of the relevant service that you need to contact.

School travel and transport

Please read the Home to School Transport Policy before applying for assistance, and completing the Request for a Travel Permit form.

Support for young people over the age of 16

The  Post 16 Transport Policy informs young people and their parents about the transport arrangements and support available locally in order to make informed choices.
The 16 - 18 concessionary travel ticket which was launched in September 2019, allows pupils, students and young people between 16 - 18 years old, to access half price bus travel. Applications are done through Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM).
The ‘Our Pass’ scheme enables your son/daughter to travel for free on buses in the Greater Manchester area.  Further details are available from the website, or by ringing the customer services line on 0300 323 0777.  Please note - this scheme has not yet been approved to continue from September 2022.  Further details should be available in March 2022.

Support for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities

Please read the SENDAS Transport Policy, which outlines the support available for children and young people with a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND), living in Bolton, to enable them to access education. 
Travel assistance can be applied for pupils with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), or pupils without an EHCP but have medical need that make them unable to travel to school unaided.
Travel assistance can also be applied for pupils aged 16 and over, who have a special educational need (SEN), or medical need which makes them unable to travel to school or college unaided.