You may need to apply for outdoor advertisement permission for:

  • fascia signs and projecting signs
  • placards and boards
  • menu boards at restaurants and cafes
  • pole and canopy signs at petrol filling stations
  • hoardings
  • estate agent signboards

Apply for advertisement consent online

Advertisements can be permanent or temporary. The length of time an advertisement is going to be displayed may depend on whether it requires planning permission.

Some adverts don't need permission e.g. temporary notices relating to local events and concerts. Please see the planning guidance for more information.