Coronavirus information for social care providers
The information included here provides a resource for care providers in Bolton to enable them to access the most up to date version of documents required for the delivery of safe care during the COVID 19 pandemic.Find out more
Bolton has some of the best quality care homes in the country; this reflects the hard work, care and dedication of care home managers and their staff to deliver the very best services to their residents.
Care homes are a key part of the health and social care sector in Bolton, supporting some of the most vulnerable people in our borough to live safely and receive the support that they need.
Bolton has around 1400 care home beds and the average age for admission is 86 years. The latest trend in care home admissions is showing us that many people moving in to a care home have a range of complex health and care needs.
What is the Care Home Excellence Programme?
The programme aims to improve the health, care and experience of those living in care homes. It focuses on:
- making sure the needs of the service user are at the centre of everything we do
- delivery of high quality care home services that can respond to the changing needs of care home residents
- learning from each other and sharing good practice
- working together across organizations to make systems and processes work better for everyone
- innovation – thinking and working differently
Who is involved?
The programme is a collaboration between:
- Bolton Council
- Bolton NHS Clinical Commissioning Group
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- care home providers
- service users and their families
Care Home Excellence Reward Scheme
Care homes that provide services to older people (65+) are invited to sign-up to the Care Home Excellence Reward Scheme.
- sign-up to the Care Home Excellence commitments
- submit a monthly data return
- publish an annual Quality Improvement Account
- adopt Core Care Home Excellence Initiatives
Participating care homes will receive:
- a 'Care Home Excellence Payment' (all participating care homes taking Bolton Council funded placements)
- a 'Commissioning for Quality and Innovation' payment (all participating nursing homes taking Bolton CCG CHC placements)
- the Care Home Excellence continuous improvement mark
- membership of the Care Home Excellence Network
Additional information can be found in the Care Home Excellence Reward Scheme Summary.
We will be adding to this page over time to share learning from the programme and provide updates on the impact that it has had for the borough’s care home residents.
For further information or if you would like to be involved please email email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter - @BoltonCareHomes