What do we do?
Our Environmental Health team promotes health and safety in the workplace including welfare of employees and the safeguarding of others, principally the public, who may be exposed to risks from work activities within your business.
We do this by:
• Carrying out interventions in line with national code
• Investigating complaints relating to health and safety in the workplace
• Providing information to businesses and members of the public to increase general awareness of health and safety
• Responding immediately to fatalities and potential fatal major injuries in the workplace
• Responding to local and national health and safety concerns
Health and safety enforcement is split between the council and the Health and Safety Executive.
For Incidents concerning:
• council buildings and employees
• manufacturing (including food manufacturers) or
• construction industry
please refer to the Health and Safety Executive website.
Please contact us if you have any concerns or need any further information.