- 28 January 2022
At a meeting with the Executive Cabinet Members on 5 June 2019 it was agreed that all Private Hire and Hackney Carriage Drivers licensed by Bolton Council (and all new applicants) were to undertake safeguarding training.
In 2019 we introduced a package of Trust2Ride Safeguarding Training – which was available to all Bolton Council Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers and Operators. Trust2Ride is a professional development training course created by Personnel Checks and accredited by the Continual Professional Development Certification Service. Empowering drivers to purposefully fulfil their duty of care to safeguard the borough of Bolton.
Many drivers were fortunate enough to complete the training before it was postponed in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, thank you to all those drivers.
For those drivers who were unable to complete the training we are pleased to announce that the training is now running again in the form of an online course which you book via this link https://www.trybooking.co.uk/NFR Please enter the following code in the gift/promotional code box when asked for payment: BLT2021
***PLEASE DO NOT BOOK IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ATTENDED THE FACE-TO-FACE SAFEGUARDING AND DISABILITY AWARENESS TRAINING SESSIONS HELD AT BOLTON ARENA IN 2019 AND 2020. YOU WERE SENT A CERTIFICATE TO CONFRIM ATTENDANCE OF THESE FACE-TO-FACE SESSIONS***
The session will be delivered over the Zoom video conferencing system. The joining link and full instructions of how to attend the session will be included in the confirmation email sent after booking.
The training session will cover various topics including:
- Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- Human Trafficking
- Recognising Indicators of Concern & Types of Abuse
- Driver & Passenger Safety
- Best Safeguarding Practice
By the end of the Trust2Ride Training session, you will be able to:
- Understand the need to protect vulnerable adults, young people and children.
- Identify possibly victims of abuse and exploitation by understanding indicators of risk.
- Identify sources of advice and pathways for reporting concerns.
- Understand their roles and responsibilities in relation to personal safety and security.
Upon completion of the session, you will be sent by email:
- Certificate of completion.
- Certified Trust2ride sticker for your vehicle.
- Guide for passengers.
- Trsut2ride handbook
You must complete this training by 31st December 2022