Bolton residents and stakeholders are invited to have their say on new proposals to support the victims of domestic abuse in Bolton. Bolton Council has produced a draft strategy for “Domestic Abuse Support in Safe Accommodation” and we're keen to get your feedback prior to its implementation in the New Year.
Cllr Susan Baines, Executive Cabinet Member for Wellbeing and Bolton Council’s Domestic Violence Champion, said, “Domestic abuse is an abhorrent crime that can have a lasting impact on victims. As a council, we want to build on our existing work to ensure our support services are both comprehensive and suitable for victims of all ages. We now want to hear from the public so we can ensure our strategy addresses the right priorities and that resources are used to help those in need.”
Proposals in the draft strategy include:
- Ensuring professional support for victims to access safe accommodation
- Supporting children and young people and recognising them as victims in their own right
- Access to support services within safe accommodation
- Recognising multiple needs within safe accommodation
- Working more closely with other agencies to provide joined-up support
Please view the draft strategy in full here.
- Closing Date
- Mid-day Tuesday 30th November
- Survey Results
Resolved – That the Domestic Abuse Safe Accommodation Strategy for 2022-2025 be endorsed and approved.