NOW is the time to have your say on the ambitious joint development plan for homes, jobs and sustainable growth across nine boroughs of Greater Manchester.
The Greater Manchester Places for Everyone consultation is the final stage in the preparation of the plan before it is ready to be submitted to the Secretary of State. Local residents, businesses and stakeholders are now being asked for their views on two specific issues: whether the plan is ‘sound’, and whether it is ‘legally compliant’.
The plan needs to meet what are called ‘tests of soundness’. These include:
- whether the plan promotes economic growth and makes provision for development
- whether it is backed up by robust evidence
- whether the plans are based on effective and achievable policies
- whether they are consistent with policies at a national level
People will also be asked whether the nine local authorities have complied with necessary legal obligations, including the requirements arising from the duty to co-operate, which requires local planning authorities to engage constructively with one another to maximise the effectiveness of local plans.
The site allocations for Bolton can be accessed here and include:
- Bewshill Farm
- Chequerbent North
- West of Wingates_M61 Junction
- The plan also proposes adding Horwich Golf Club and Ditcher’s Farm to existing greenbelt land.
For further information on the Places for Everyone plan and to take part in the consultation, please click here. You can view the proposed development sites in the virtual exhibition space and see the supporting evidence online. Hard copies of the proposals for Bolton will also be available to view at Bolton Central Library, Horwich Library and Westhoughton Library.
- Closing Date
- Sunday 3rd October 2021