- 16 June 2020
Due to the outbreak of the coronavirus and to support the trade we agreed interim steps to extend licences upon request. This was shared with you at the end of March. Since then we’ve been developing online application forms to enable licence holders to renew their licence.
Following the successful launch of the online vehicle renewal application form, from 18 June 2020 both private hire and hackney carriage driver licence holders will be able to submit an online application to renew their licence.
The form doesn’t go live until 18 June, but additional information and guidance is already available on our website at https://www.bolton.gov.uk/taxi-private-hire.
What you will need
You need to ensure You've completed (if required) a:
- Certificate of medical fitness
- New DBS
- Declaration of conviction and other matters
- Declaration and statement of medical fitness
- You are required to email these documents once the online application form has been submitted.
- You will need the following documents to complete this form. Please have them ready before continuing:
- Your DVLA check code which is available from https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Proof of right to work in the UK (non UK/EU nationals only). We can accept any of the following documents: Visa (in current passport only), biometric card or letter from Home Office,
- A recent passport sized photo
- The application will be rejected if the required documentation is not submitted.
- Once the online form has been submitted you will need to call 01204 336584 (option 1) to make the renewal payment.
- You need to quote the online form reference number which starts with a ‘DL’ when making the telephone payment.
- The reference number is provided at the end of the online process and is also included on the acknowledgement email sent to the email address provided on the online form.
- Online applications will not be processed and are not valid until the payment has been received.
- Payment must be made within 3 working days of the application being submitted (we’re working on an online payment system and hope to launch this later this year).
Once the renewal for the driver licence has been granted you will receive an email with a PDF licence. This will need to be printed. A copy of the licence will be shared with the nominated private hire operator.
The badge and internal sticker will be sent in the post. You must be able to provide a copy of your valid current licence to a police officer or authorised officer of the council.
A reminder of the online arrangements outlined in our previous communications:
- Replacements/duplicates - you need to email the licensing team with their request.
- Fare cards for change of operator – the new farecard form which was sent to the private hire operator, needs to be completed by the operator and emailed back to the licensing team. The new farecard will then be emailed to the operator for them to print.
- Any complaints against drivers, vehicle owners or operators will be dealt with by an enforcement officer by email or phone.
- All business is still being conducted by phone and email. If you have any questions or queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please could you circulate this communication to all members/licence holders operating via you licence. We would like to take this opportunity again to thank you for your patience during this difficult time and hope you are all staying safe and well.