Who we are
The Hospital and Home Teaching Service is part of Bolton's Pupil Referral Unit. Children that are sick or injured, and are off school for three weeks or more, are entitled to be educated at home, at the Roscow Fold Centre or in hospital.
What the service does
- Liaise with the child’s school
- Mark work where appropriate
- Provide reports to the child’s school detailing the work covered
- Return completed work
Who is the service for
- Pupils resident in Bolton and normally on the roll of a school
- Pupils who are expected to be in hospital for five school days or more, or to be at home through illness for more than three weeks
We may have to review the support your child receives if any of the following occur on three successive occasions or on more than four occasions in any four week period.
- There is no one at home when the teacher calls
- The teaching session is cancelled for no valid reason
- The child refuses to co-operate
- The environment is unsuitable for effective teaching and learning.
The service may be withdrawn if there are concerns that the ill health does not appear to be genuine, or supporting medical evidence cannot be provided.