Residents Permit Parking
The Council has three residents parking schemes. These provide an arrangement of on-street parking for people living in areas where the area is subject to consistent and prolonged parking problems caused by non-residents.
The schemes allow residents and their visitors to park their vehicles, displaying valid parking permits, close to their homes.
The three current schemes, and addresses eligible for permits are:
Zone A - Dorset Street area, Bolton
- Dorset Street - odd numbers 1-59 and even numbers 56-126
- Castle Street - even numbers 2-76
- Dowson Street - 1, 3, 4 & 5
- Court Street - even numbers 2-6
- May Street - even numbers 4-16
- Halstead Street - even numbers 2-52
- Bolton Spiritualist (SNU) Church - 21 Bradford Street
- Grace Christian Centre - 126 Dorset Street
Zone C - Marsden Street area, Westhoughton
- Marsden Street - even numbers - 6-16
- Edward Street - odd numbers 13-17
- Wood Street - even numbers 2-16 and odd numbers 1-9
Zone D - Mill Street, Westhoughton
- Mill Street - even numbers 4-14
Qualifying residents wishing to purchase a permit should contact Parking Services using the contact tab above.
A parking dispensation can be issued in certain circumstances where there may be a need to make an exception to normal parking regulations, and allows:
- Loading and unloading to take place for longer than is normally permitted
- Work to be carried out on the highway or adjacent properties
- Parking during special events or under unusual circumstances
The dispensation must be obtained before parking and an administrative charge of £7.15 per vehicle, per day must be paid when collecting the dispensation.
How to apply
Parking bay suspensions
A pay and display bay may be suspended in certain circumstances, for example contractor loading and unloading throughout the day to adjacent premises.
48-hours notice must be given to suspend a bay and an administration charge will be made.
|| 1 bay
||price on application
Prices quoted above are valid from 31st October 2016.
The charge for a parking bay suspension application is calculated by the number of parking bays required and the number of consecutive days.
For more than 10 days or more than 5 bays, the price will be considered on application as the prices will include set up costs of the parking bay suspension.
A parking ‘bay’, is deemed to be an average car length. If the suspension covers more than one area of bays, each area will be charged individually.
For example, if you require 2 areas of 2 bays for a period of 2 days, it would be worked out at: £52.45 + £52.45 = £104.90
If the areas of bays that are required are separated by yellow lines / loading bays / permit bays or are on an opposite side of the route, then this will determine that they are separate areas.
How to apply
Times are displayed in a 24 hour format.