Obstructions on the road or pavement


Before you report this problem


What is causing the obstruction ? Who to notify
  • A vehicle parked on the pavement or   
  • blocking a driveway or
  • with no MOT

Police non emergency number 101

  • A vehicle with no Tax
Driver Vehicle Licencing Agency 
  • A vehicle that has been abandoned
Neighbourhood Services
Parking Services
Dumped rubbish Report illegal fly tipping online

Any other obstruction if it is forcing pedestrians into the road or is causing cars to take a dangerous route. Such as:

  • mud,
  • illegal signs on the pavement, 
  • tree branches or hedges overhanging from a private garden,
  • building materials,
  • builders skips or scaffolding. 
Report a highway obstruction



What to do if there is an immediate risk to safety

Call us immediately

Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm, call our Streetcare Hotline: 01204 336600

All other times, including bank holidays, call: 01204 336900

The One Stop Shop

Town Hall

Victoria Square



Telephone 01204 336600
View map

Opening times

Times are displayed in a 24 hour format.

Open Close
Monday 09:00  17:00 
Tuesday 09:00  17:00 
Wednesday 09:00  17:00 
Thursday 09:00  17:00 
Friday 09:00  17:00 

Upcoming activities

Upcoming events