Before you report this problem

Some flooding problems are the responsibility of the landowner, or other external agency.

What is causing the flooding Who to contact

Public sewer / burst water mains

United Utilities
Private sewer or drain Homeowner / Landowner
Water service or internal pipe Homeowner or landlord (a plumber)
River Environment Agency
Roadside ditches Landowner

Overflowing manhole, drain or grid on the road or pavement

Flooded road Streetcare

What happens next

You will be given a case reference number.

We will inspect within 5 working days.  The only exception is when there is an immediate risk to safety, in which case we will inspect within 2 hours.  


What to do if there is an immediate risk to safety

During office hours Monday to Friday 08:00-16:00 ring our Streetcare Hotline: 01204 336600

Out of hours, over the weekend or on bank holidays, ring Security and Response: 01204 336900

One Stop Shop

Town Hall

Victoria Square



Telephone 01204 336600
View map

Opening times

Times are displayed in a 24 hour format.

Open Close
Monday 09:00  17:00 
Tuesday 09:00  17:00 
Wednesday 09:00  17:00 
Thursday 09:00  17:00 
Friday 09:00  17:00 

Upcoming activities

Upcoming events