Le Mans Crescent

About the Welfare Rights Service

We are a free service provided by Bolton Council. We give advice and information on your entitlement to social security benefits, and can help you to challenge or appeal  the decisions given on your benefits.

Who can we help?

We can give advice if you are a resident in Bolton (your Council Tax bill comes from Bolton Council). If you are not a resident we can put you in touch with your local Welfare Rights Service or advice agency.

How can we help?

Advisers can give you advice and information about social security benefits and how to claim them and can signpost you to other sources of help and information. We also have a small team who can assist customers with complex cases, appeals and tribunal representation. If you need this type of assistance you will be referred to the specialist team who will contact you with further advice.

Where else can you get advice?

For an overview of benefits information  visit www.gov.uk 

For details of other providers you can find an adviser using the Community Legal Advice website.

Community Legal Advice can assist people who qualify for means tested legal aid so you will be asked some questions to assess your financial eligibility. Community Legal Advice can also arrange to call you back and provide advice in your choice of language. Advice is also available in BSL through the Royal Association for Deaf People - you will need a webcam and broadband connection

View other places to get advice and useful telephone numbers

Welfare Rights Service

Town Hall

Victoria Square



Telephone 01204 333820
View map

Opening times

Times are displayed in a 24 hour format.

Open Close
Monday 8.30  17.30 
Tuesday 8.30  17.30 
Wednesday 8.30  17.30 
Thursday 8.30  17.30 
Friday 8.30  17.30 

Upcoming activities

Upcoming events