Find out your bin collection day

Enter your postcode

Missed Grey Bin Collections.

Due to a vehicle breakdown we have been unable to empty some grey bins. If your grey bin collection was due to take place on Thursday 24 May or Friday 25 May and your street is listed below, your collection will now take place on Saturday 26 May. Please make sure your bin is out for collection by 7.30am on Saturday morning.

Missed collections from Thursday 24 May

  • Back Bradford Street West
  • Back High Street
  • Binbrook Walk
  • Birchgate Walk
  • Bishopbridge Close
  • Bradbourne Close
  • Bradford Street
  • Bridgeman Place
  • Bridgeman Street
  • Bury New Road
  • Carrington Drive
  • Castle Street
  • Cecil Street
  • Chadwick Street
  • Clarendon Street
  • Court Street
  • Crook Street
  • Devon Street
  • Dowson Street
  • Fawcett Street
  • Fletcher Street
  • Foxendale Walk
  • Glencoe
  • Gloster Street
  • Gregson Field
  • Hallington Close
  • Halstead Street
  • Halton Street
  • Heap Street
  • Heywood Gardens
  • Heywood Park View
  • High Street
  • Kingthorpe Gardens
  • Leach Street
  • Lever Street
  • Lumsden Street
  • May Street
  • Moorby Walk
  • Norden Court
  • Peabody Street
  • Portugal Street
  • Radcliffe Road
  • Recreation Street
  • Rothwell Street
  • Somersby Walk
  • St Marks Walk

Missed collections from Friday 25 May

  • Bishops Close
  • Bishops Road
  • Boscobel Road
  • Bradford Road
  • Brian Road
  • Briarfield Road
  • Broad Oak Road
  • Broadway
  • Crescent Road
  • Doe Hey Road
  • Eustace Street
  • Glenmore Avenue
  • Grange Road
  • Green Lane
  • Greenland Road
  • Kingsland Road
  • Lakeside Avenue
  • Leverhulme Avenue
  • Lowther Street
  • Lynwood Avenue
  • Mabel Avenue
  • Minerva Road
  • Paton Avenue
  • Prestwood Road
  • Richmond Grove
  • Seymour Grove
  • Silverdale Road
  • Springfield Road
  • St Michaels Avenue
  • Waters Edge
  • Westbourne Avenue
  • Winifred Road
  • Woodfield Street
  • Woodgate Street
  • Woodland Avenue

If your street is not listed above and your grey bin has not been emptied call Access Bolton 01204 336632 or email

Slim bin savings update

  • We have avoided waste disposal costs of over £3.8 million.
  • This has prevented cuts to school crossing patrols and respite care for disabled children.
  • If you feel you may struggle to manage your waste, you can ask for help and advice or you can apply for a waste audit.

Click on the topics below for further information...

  • What can I put in my grey bin?

    • Remember that the following items are not currently collected for recycling and should go in your grey bin:

      » Plastic pots, tubs and trays
      » Plastic packaging
      » Plastic bags
      » Polystyrene
      » Food and drink pouches
      » Plant pots
      » Pet waste
      » Cotton wool and make up pads
      » Nappies and sanitary products
      » Tissues and used paper towels
      » Wet wipes
      » Wallpaper

      Please make sure that any sharp pieces of glass, pottery or china are carefully wrapped in paper before being put in your grey bin.

      Don't forget to occasionally wash your bin with disinfectant to keep it clean and fresh.

      Take anything else that won't fit into the grey bin to the tip or recycling centre

  • How can I reduce my grey bin waste?

    • » Squeeze the bag to remove unwanted air, and compress the bag to reduce its size.
      » If you have lots of plastic tubs and trays stack them inside one another to reduce the amount of space they take up and squash them where possible.
      » Flatten any bulky items where possible.
      » Take small electrical goods to one of the recycling centres.
      » Buy loose fruit, vegetables and meats to reduce the number of plastic trays.
      » Plan your meals for the week, to avoid buying excess food and creating additional packaging waste.
      » Take any old clothing to charity shops or cut up and use as dusters etc.
      » For further information on how you can reuse items, or reduce the amount of waste you produce in the first place, visit
  • Request help and support

    • Apply for help and support

      You can apply for help and support if you struggle to fit everything in your bin or need advice to help you recycle more.

  • Request a waste audit

    • Waste audit request

      You can apply for a waste audit if:

      » there are six or more permanent residents in your household;
      » there are three or more people in nappies in your household;
      » one or more residents in your household have medical conditions which result in the production of extra waste (non-clinical) e.g. packaging or incontinence pads.

      Please remember that any request for a waste audit will result in a visit from a Recycling officer.

      If an additional bin is requested this may only be considered if you are using all the recycling bins available to your property.

  • Your waste is your responsibility

    • Deliberately hiding (concealing) waste in your recycling bins may lead to enforcement action being taken, which could result in a fixed penalty fine being issued.

  • Beware of Rogue Traders

    • Rogue traders are using social media to offer cheap waste removal services, but are then deliberately dumping the waste they collect after taking payment. If your waste is found to be fly-tipped you could be prosecuted and fined an unlimited amount. Please ensure that any company you use to remove waste has a legitimate waste carriers license, and is willing to provide you with a waste transfer note.

  • What happens to my grey bin waste?

  • How can I recycle electrical items?

    • Electrical items are classed as W.E.E.E – Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment

      Electrical items should not be disposed of in your general rubbish bin.

      Any electrical items large or small can be recycled at your local Recycling Centre.

  • What about Re-use?

    • Often shops will collect your unwanted electricals when they deliver your new one – especially larger items like TV’s, fridges and freezers (please note that some retailers may charge to collect electrical items).

      Or try online. You can pass on items for free on websites like Freecycle and Freegle.

      You can request recycling containers online.

  • Other frequently asked questions

Bolton Council

Town Hall

Victoria Square



Telephone 01204 336632
View map

Opening times

Times are displayed in a 24 hour format.

Open Close

Upcoming activities

Upcoming events