What is a proxy vote?
A proxy is someone who votes for you if you can’t make it to the polling station to vote.
- they must be eligible to vote in the type of election being held
- they must be on an electoral register in the UK
- a person can’t act as proxy for more than two voters
There are two types of proxy:
- temporary – for a specific election due to short term illness or holidays
- permanent – long term ill health or working away from home
How to apply?
Please complete the relevant application form available under 'Downloads'.
We must receive your form at the elections office by 5pm, six working days before the date of the election in which you wish to vote by proxy.
The deadline to apply to vote by proxy in the elections to be held on 6th May 2021 is: 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
Find out more about elections and voting.