How do I register for a new licence or to renew?
You will need to make an appointment to see the Licensing Team at the One Stop Shop in Bolton Town Hall.
What will I need to bring?
- Payment for the licence. Please see Licensing Fees and Charges for details
- Written planning permission or a certificate of lawfulness. You can get this from the planning department (this is only required upon application and if additional premises are added to a licence)
- Private Limited Companies must provide the following:
- a list of directors and company secretary on letter headed paper with their signatures which must include their contact details and addresses
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- The date on which the return is made up.
- The principal business activities of the company.
- The type of company eg private or public.
- The registered office address of the company.
- The address where the records relating to the 'taxi' business conducted by the company are held (if not at the registered office)
How long does my licence last for?
A private hire operator lasts for five years from the date of issue and is not transferable.
What else do I need to do?
Once a private hire operator licence is issued, all operators are required to abide by the private hire operator conditions attached to the licence.
For further information please contact us.