Safeguarding and Disability Awareness Training for Hackney/Private Hire drivers and Operators.
Please see documents for more information
How do I register for a new licence or to renew?
You will need to make an appointment to see the Licensing Team at the One Stop Shop in Bolton Town Hall.
What will I need to bring?
Payment for the licence. Please see Licensing Fees and Charges for details
Written planning permission or a certificate of lawfulness. You can get this from the planning department (this is only required upon application and if additional premises are added to a licence)
Private limited companies must provide the following:
- a list of directors and company secretary on letter headed paper with their signatures, which must include their contact details and addresses
- Certificate of Incorporation
- the date on which the return is made up
- the principal business activities of the company
- the type of company eg private or public
- the registered office address of the company
- the address where the records relating to the 'taxi' business conducted by the company are held (if not at the registered office)
How long does my licence last for?
A private hire operator lasts for five years from the date of issue and is not transferable.
What else do I need to do?
Once a private hire operator licence is issued, all operators are required to abide by the private hire operator conditions attached to the licence.
For further information please contact us.
Data protection and privacy information
Bolton Council will collect and use the information you supply in this form for the purposes of a private hire operator licence. We will not share this information with anyone else unless the law allows. Further information is available on our Privacy Notices page.
Under the council’s Statement of Fitness and Suitability policy your information may be shared with other organisations. For further information see the council's Statement of Fitness and Suitability (.pdf).
Please note if your application is refused or revoked this will be included on the National Register of Taxi Licence Revocations and Refusals.