Advanced briefing on the Greater Manchester Common Minimum Standards for the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire industry
This document outlines some of the proposals prior to the full consultation scheduled for Autumn 2019.Read now
How do I register for a new licence or to renew?
You will need to make an appointment to see the Licensing Team at the One Stop Shop in Bolton Town Hall.
What will I need to bring?
Payment for the licence. Please see Licensing Fees and Charges for details
Written planning permission or a certificate of lawfulness. You can get this from the planning department (this is only required upon application and if additional premises are added to a licence)
Private limited companies must provide the following:
- a list of directors and company secretary on letter headed paper with their signatures, which must include their contact details and addresses
- Certificate of Incorporation
- the date on which the return is made up
- the principal business activities of the company
- the type of company eg private or public
- the registered office address of the company
- the address where the records relating to the 'taxi' business conducted by the company are held (if not at the registered office)
How long does my licence last for?
A private hire operator lasts for five years from the date of issue and is not transferable.
What else do I need to do?
Once a private hire operator licence is issued, all operators are required to abide by the private hire operator conditions attached to the licence.
For further information please contact us.