Private hire operator licence
To apply or renew a private hire operator licence you will need to make an appointment to see the Licensing Team at the One Stop Shop in Bolton Town Hall.
What will I need to bring?
Payment for the licence. Please see Licensing Fees and Charges for details
Written planning permission or a certificate of lawfulness. You can get this from the planning department (this is only required upon application and if additional premises are added to a licence)
Private limited companies must provide the following:
- a list of directors and company secretary on letter headed paper with their signatures, which must include their contact details and addresses
- Certificate of Incorporation
- the date on which the return is made up
- the principal business activities of the company
- the type of company eg private or public
- the registered office address of the company
- the address where the records relating to the 'taxi' business conducted by the company are held (if not at the registered office)
How long does my licence last for?
A private hire operator lasts for five years from the date of issue and is not transferable.
What else do I need to do?
Once a private hire operator licence is issued, all operators are required to abide by the private hire operator conditions attached to the licence.
For further information please contact us.