Hackney carriage driver licence
How to apply
You can find all the information needed to apply for a hackney carriage driver licence in the guide to becoming a hackney carriage or private hire driver (doc).
How to renew
The easiest way to renew your driver licence is online. You can renew your licence up to 12 weeks before it expires.
What will I need to include with my application?
You will need to provide:
- You DVLA check code which is available from https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Proof of eligibilty to work in the UK (non UK/EU nationals only). We can accept any of the following documents: Visa (in current passport only), biometric card or letter from Home Office
- A recent passport sized photo
Where applicable you will also need to email to us the following documents separately:
- Conviction declaration (doc)
- New DBS certificate
- Certificate of medical fitness (doc)
- Declaration and statement of medical fitness (doc)
Please refer to our guidance notes (doc) for further details prior to submitting your application.
Fees and charges
Our fees and charges page lists our current fees.