You will require our permission for works connected with digging into a public road. The highway authority is required to co-ordinate works of all kinds, including local authority works.

You can do emergency work without a licence but you must tell us within two hours of starting work.

How do I apply?

Non-statutory undertakers are required to complete a Section 50 licence application before any works are allowed to commence.

How much will it cost?

View our Street Works scale of charges

Further Information

If you need any more information or advice, or help in completing your application please contact us.