Road mirrors on or next to the public highway are not normally recommended as they can be:
- misleading at night when reflecting headlights
- damaged by vandals or by accident
- affected by glare from sunlight
- sometimes obscured by condensation and dirt
- confusing for non-local motorists
- misleading due to difficulties of judging speed and distance
Road mirrors are only placed in rural areas and never in built-up areas. Contact us for further details.
Other road mirrors
Small mirrors on traffic lights (Trixi mirrors) are installed by Transport for Greater Manchester to help improve cyclist safety at junctions.
Our staff are often out of the office and unable to take calls.
The best way to contact us for all Highways enquiries, is to complete this form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.