Road mirrors on or next to the public highway are not normally recommended as they can be:
- misleading at night when reflecting headlights
- damaged by vandals or by accident
- affected by glare from sunlight
- sometimes obscured by condensation and dirt
- confusing for non-local motorists
- misleading due to difficulties of judging speed and distance
Road mirrors are only placed in rural areas and never in built-up areas. Contact us for further details.
Other road mirrors
Small mirrors on traffic lights (Trixi mirrors) are installed by Transport for Greater Manchester to help improve cyclist safety at junctions.