Planning permission

The construction of your vehicle access crossing may require planning permission. For example you may require planning permission if your access:

  • is from an A, B or C classified road - check the classified road list or contact to check
  • is connected to works inside the site that will need planning permission, such as paving over a former garden area, building a new house or garage, or changing the use/purpose of the property.

If such circumstances apply, please contact the Council’s planning section ( with the address where you require a vehicular access crossing and request written confirmation of whether planning permission is required or not. We will require this confirmation as proof before work commences.