The goal of planning enforcement is to ensure that all work associated with planning permissions and other development, is carried out in accordance with the Town & Country Planning rules. Not all concerns raised though will be controllable under the planning legislation.
If your concerns are relating to the following, it is unlikely that these will be planning matters: -
- Signs, vehicle sales and other activities on the pavement, road or adjacent grass verge please contact the Streetcare team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- With regard to noise or smells from existing commercial premises, please contact the pollution control team: Environmental.email@example.com.
- If you are concerned about development taking place, you can check to see if the works have planning permission.
You can view our planning enforcement policy at link on this page.
We can investigate
- building works that do not have planning permission
- works that are different to the planning approval
- business use of a house (but not of a home office)
- untidy land (but not the siting of a caravan or motorhome on a domestic driveway)
- works to protected trees without permission
- works to listed buildings
If you still consider the matter you are raising to be a breach of planning control, please click on the link to the reporting form below.
When completing the form, please provide as much detail as you can about the problem. State when the problem started and what harm is being caused. For possible unauthorised uses, provide full details of the activity such as hours of use, vehicle movements (including registration numbers) and customer visits (including times). For possible unauthorised buildings please explain how they differ from the approved plans (if there has been a planning permission) and provide details of the dimensions and location of the structure.
Report planning enforcement issues
Before reporting a problem to us, please check to see if the works have planning permission.