The purpose of planning enforcement is to ensure that decisions relating to planning applications and policies of the development plan are correctly implemented.
Report planning enforcement issues
Before reporting a problem to us, please check to see if the works have planning permission.
Search for planning enforcement notices
We can investigate:
- building works that do not have planning permission
- works that are different to the planning approval
- business use of a house (but not of a home office)
- untidy land (but not the siting of a caravan or motorhome on a domestic driveway)
- works to protected trees without permission
- works to listed buildings
Please report the following to Streetcare:
- vehicle sales
- pavement, road or grass verge activities
Please report the following to Pollution Control:
- smells from commercial premises