The purpose of planning enforcement is to ensure that decisions relating to planning applications and policies of the development plan are correctly implemented.

Report planning enforcement issues

Before reporting a problem to us, please check to see if the works have planning permission.

Report a possible breach of planning

Search for planning enforcement notices

Search for enforcement notices

We can investigate:

  • building works that do not have planning permission
  • works that are different to the planning approval
  • business use of a house (but not of a home office)
  • untidy land (but not the siting of a caravan or motorhome on a domestic driveway)
  • works to protected trees without permission
  • works to listed buildings

Please report the following to Streetcare:

  • signs
  • vehicle sales
  • pavement, road or grass verge activities

Please report the following to Pollution Control:

  • noise
  • smells from commercial premises