Comment on an application
Who can comment?
Anyone can comment on a planning application, you do not need to have received a letter to comment and you do not have to live in the area.
When we receive a planning application we will write to the neighbours who are on the property boundary to let them know about the work(s) that have been applied for.
You have 21 days to comment online or by post.
- comments are publicly accessible and so cannot be treated in confidence
- you must give your name and address with your comment
- if permission is granted, neighbours or interested parties cannot appeal against the decision, though the agent or applicant can appeal against a refusal
- we do not acknowledge comments or petitions
What are the exceptions?
The planning officer cannot consider some comments if these are not planning matters. They include:
- boundary disagreements
- concern about disturbances while the work is done
- trader competition
- impact on property value
Request to view comments
N.B. Comments can only be viewed at the One Stop Shop and cannot be sent electronically.