You can contact our support helpline by calling 01204 337221. The opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday from 8.30 am – 5.30 pm
- Saturdays from 9:00 am – 1.30 pm
Please call the helpline if you do not have a network of family and friends you can call upon for support.
If you have hearing difficulties please contact Greater Manchester Textphone 07860 022876 (messages will be responded to by the next working day).
The Team Bolton community of volunteers, partners and council staff are offering vital help to people who need support (including food and essential items such as medication), particularly if:
- you have received a letter from the NHS advising you are at high risk and should stay at home
- you are medically vulnerable and according to the government criteria you should stay at home
- you are self-isolating due to illness (no matter your age)
- you are experiencing financial hardship
- you are experiencing food poverty
Our call handlers will provide advice and tell you how you can best access support. This includes local support for those who are feeling isolated and alone.
The best thing to do is to call us. If you can’t then please use our coronavirus support online form. We’re also providing regular updates on the latest government advice, local service information and what to do if you think you have coronavirus.
If you are a charity or volunteer group and would like to participate in the coronavirus response, please contact Bolton CVS at email@example.com or 01204 546055.
If you have friends of relatives in other authorities across Greater Manchester they can contact: