Committal to prison
We can ask the court to send you to prison.
If you have received a summons you should do one of the following:
- pay in full - court action is cancelled and no further action is taken
- make an arrangement with us - the hearing will be suspended and you do not need to attend court
- if you do not pay in full or make an arrangement, you will need to attend the court hearing
If you do not do any of the above we will ask the magistrates to issue a warrant for your arrest.
Committal proceedings will result in additional costs which will be added to your bill. The costs are:
- committal summons £245.00
- warrant with bail £75.00
- warrant without bail £75.00