Who can get it
From 28 September 2020, Bolton residents may be entitled to a test and trace support payment of £500. This is to support people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS test and trace and will lose income as a result. Payments will be made by the council, directly into your bank account. Being told to self-isolate by NHS test and trace is not the same as being notified by the app.
Who is not eligible?
You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:
- Are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
- Continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate
- Can work from home during a period of self-isolation
- Are no longer required to self-isolate i.e. you were already isolating on Monday 28 September
- Have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
- Are not in receipt of one of the benefits listed below (although you may be eligible under a discretionary scheme if this applies)
Who is eligible?
Bolton residents who
- Have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on or after 28 September 2020 or identified as a close contact by the NHS COVID-19 App from 10 December 2020.
- Have responded to messages received from NHS Test and Trace (which will have been received via a combination of email, text, letter or phone call) in which you provided contact details and where they have tested positive, the details of your contacts or if the NHS COVID-19 App has told you to self-isolate because you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you have followed the steps to request an Account ID.
- Follow the requirement to self isolate
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result, and
- are currently receiving, or are the partner of someone in the same household who is receiving,
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit