Payments if you are overdrawn

Even if your account is overdrawn, you can choose how any further money paid into the account is used (for example to pay rent) using the 'first right of appropriation'.  However, you need to tell your bank.


You may want to do this if you are due to be paid a Test and Trace Support Payment  into your account and the account is in overdraft or there are bills or other payments due to be paid from it.  You can instruct your bank to not use specific payments made to your account.  You can also ask that certain payments made in to your account are used to pay specific bills.

For more information, please visit