Evidence to support your claim
If you are making a claim you will need to provide all of the following documents so we can assess your award:
- proof you are getting one of the qualifying benefits
- a bank statement for the account you want any payment to be made into. This must be your own bank account.
- proof of your employment or self-employed, which shows you are unable to work from home and will lose money as a result
- proof of your national insurance number
Qualifying benefits are:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
If you are making a claim for an adult who is self-isolating, you also need to provide:
- a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate. This should include an 8 digit reference.
If you are making a claim for a parent or guardian who is not self-isolating but needs to take time off work to care for a child or young person that is self-isolating, you will also need to provide one of the following:
- the child’s eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number if they have received a notification directly from NHS Test and Trace, or
- evidence of a communication from the child or young person’s education or childcare setting confirming that they have to self-isolate, or
- a screenshot of a young person’s NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate and evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan. This is for parents or guardians of young people aged 16-25 who have additional support needs.
You can provide a copy or photograph and email it to us at email@example.com.