Evidence to support your claim

If you are making a claim you will need to provide all of the following documents so we can assess your award:

  • proof you are getting one of the qualifying benefits
  • a bank statement for the account you want any payment to be made into. This must be your own bank account.
  • proof of your employment or self-employed, which shows you are unable to work from home and will lose money as a result
  • proof of your national insurance number

Qualifying benefits are:

  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit

If you are making a claim for an adult who is self-isolating, you also need to provide:

  • a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate. This should include an 8 digit reference.

If you are making a claim for a parent or guardian who is not self-isolating but needs to take time off work to care for a child or young person that is self-isolating, you will also need to provide one of the following:

  • the child’s eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number if they have received a notification directly from NHS Test and Trace, or
  • evidence of a communication from the child or young person’s education or childcare setting confirming that they have to self-isolate, or
  • a screenshot of a young person’s NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate and evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan. This is for parents or guardians of young people aged 16-25 who have additional support needs.

You can provide a copy or photograph and email it to us at testandtrace@bolton.gov.uk.