Who can get it
From 28 September 2020, Bolton residents may be entitled to a test and trace support payment of £500. This is to support people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS test and trace and will lose income as a result. Payments will be made by the council, directly into your bank account.
Who is not eligible?
You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:
- Are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
- Continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate
- Can work from home during a period of self-isolation
- Are no longer required to self-isolate i.e. your period of self-isolation ended before the scheme launches on Monday 28 September
- Have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
- Are not in receipt of one of the benefits listed below (although you may be eligible under a discretionary scheme if this applies)
Who is eligible?
Bolton residents who
- Have received notification from NHS test and trace to self-isolate
- Follow the requirement to self isolate
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result, and
- Are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit