Who can get it

From 28 September 2020, Bolton residents may be entitled to a test and trace support payment of £500. This is to support people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS test and trace and will lose income as a result. Payments will be made by the council, directly into your bank account.

Who is not eligible?

You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:

  • Are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
  • Continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate
  • Can work from home during a period of self-isolation
  • Are no longer required to self-isolate i.e. your period of self-isolation ended before the scheme launches on Monday 28 September
  • Have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
  • Are not in receipt of one of the benefits listed below (although you may be eligible under a discretionary scheme if this applies)

Who is eligible?

Bolton residents who

  • Have received notification from NHS test and trace to self-isolate
  • Follow the requirement to self isolate
  • Are employed or self-employed
  • Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result, and
  • Are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Housing Benefit
    • Income Support
    • Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
    • Pension Credit