Advice for the Shielded
If you need support because you are vulnerable please ring 01204 337221.
Our opening times are:
- Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Saturdays from 9am – 1.30pm
From 1 April, Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) individuals are no longer advised to shield.
The changes at Step 4 also apply to the clinically extremely vulnerable. However, we continue to advise the most vulnerable to think about extra steps they may wish to take to protect themselves.
There is additional guidance for those classed as clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) who may be at greater risk from the virus.
The guidance sets out additional precautions CEV residents may consider taking, including:
- Meet friends and family outdoors or in a well-ventilated space
- Make sure you and your adult contacts are fully vaccinated
- Wait 21 days after your second vaccine before meeting others
- Ask others to wait 14 days after their second dose before meeting
- Continue to work from home where possible
- Speak to your child’s school about additional precautions for CEV pupils
Anyone worried, or feeling unsafe, about the end of legal restrictions can contact Bolton Council’s Humanitarian Support Hub for advice and support.
The hub was set up at the beginning of the pandemic and continues to provide guidance, practical help and the delivery of essential items to those who still require support.
Anyone who does not have a support network of family and friends, can call the helpline on 01204 337221 (Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm and Sat 9am-1.30pm).