We will try to help you financially, in a similar way to how parents would support their own children. Our help includes:

  • providing a leaving care grant to help you buy essential things when moving into your own home, which government recommends should be a minimum of £2,000
  • giving you exemptions to or discounts on paying Council Tax
  • providing or telling you about relevant money management courses
  • information on how to access your Junior ISA, if you have one (a fund of money set aside by the government and the council)
  • support to open a bank account
  • support to gain important identification documents, such as a passport and/or provisional driving licence, before your 18th birthday
  • support to get your National Insurance number
  • exceptional financial support in emergencies
  • providing a financial gift at birthdays and Christmas or other celebrations