Who can use Care and Repair?

Bolton Care and Repair services are generally available to owner occupiers and private tenants aged over 60 or living with a disability. However some of our schemes do have different criteria, so if there is something you are interested in, just give us a call and ask.

How do I arrange for a caseworker to visit me?

Call us on 01204 328 178 or use our enquiry contact form.

Do I have to pay for repairs to my home?

This will depend on your income and savings. In some cases you may be required to make a financial contribution or pay for all works undertaken to your home. However, Care and Repair can still offer advice and manage the process for you.

Do you have grants available for me to repair and improve my property?

Our officers will ensure that you are made fully aware of any grants or subsidies which you may be entitled to depending on your circumstances.

Will there be a long wait for you to help me?

We aim to contact you within three working days to discuss your needs. The officers will discuss your options and timescales with you.