Bolton Landlord Accreditation Scheme
What is the Bolton Council Landlord Accreditation Scheme?
The Bolton Council Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LAS) is a voluntary scheme for Private Landlords operating in Bolton. The Scheme is a gateway to various Council advice and services to help you, your tenants and your property business.
What is the Scheme for?
The LAS strives to improve engagement, property standards and to support a growing business sector throughout Bolton borough. Increasing your knowledge of landlord & tenant legal obligations and responsibilities, as well as good tenancy management practices, can help to reduce problem tenancies. Dealing with issues quickly and appropriately when they do occur can prevent otherwise satisfactory tenancies from terminating prematurely.
Why should I join?
Responsible Private Landlords who offer safe quality homes that are well managed are more likely to attract responsible tenants. While the majority of tenancies run smoothly and terminate agreeably, some tenancies will end in rent arrears, property disrepair and/or other issues. By signing up to a local authority accreditation scheme landlords are showing their commitment to meet and maintain good property standards and tenancy management practices.
What benefits do I get?
• Improved Access to information, advice and support provided by a number of housing services specialists within Bolton Council.
• FREE Advertising which can include colour photos published online and displayed in housing offices across Bolton, reaching thousands of prospective tenants
• Tenancy Management Documents and Forms - including a 6-page Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement for our members' use
• Landlord network and events - periodic landlord forums and events
• Recognition as a good landlord – let accreditation be a mark of your management skills
New members can take advantage of a choice of welcome gifts for one of your rented properties, including:
• Free Electrical Installation Condition Report
• Free Gas Safety Check
• Free Smoke detector
• Free Carbon Monoxide detector
• Free INSTALLED freestanding electric cooker for new landlords who advertise a property on Pinpoint
How do I join?
Joining is FREE for landlords operating in Bolton. All you will need to provide is:
• A completed application form with details about you and your properties
• a template tenancy agreement
• a copy of the current Annual Gas Safety Certificate (where applicable)
• a copy of the EPC (if applicable)
During your five year membership you will also have to provide a copy of a satisfactory Electrical Installation Condition Report.
To discuss how the LAS can help you, find our details on the Contacts tab.
From February 1st 2016 anyone who rents out private
property in England should make Right to Rent Checks.
There is more information here and in our Downloads
Please check out the Downloads tab and the Links tab for a full range of useful information, documents and other landlord related advice and services including the scheme Code of Standards and Management Practices, Housing Advice, the Bond Board, Local Housing Allowance (housing benefits), Planning, Building Control and Housing Standards, Fire Safety, Energy Performance Certificates, Tenancy Deposit Protection Schemes. Or contact us using the details on the Contacts tab.
Times are displayed in a 24 hour format.
Events in the next two weeks