You can help to decide this year’s green heroes.
Nominations are now open for the local Groundwork Trust's Environment Awards for Bolton and Bury.
The awards are open to everybody in both Bolton and Bury, from schools and local community groups to businesses, which have contributed to improving the environment.
The trust works with Bolton and Bury councils to improve the local environment, the lives of local people and the success of local businesses.
This year’s awards are:
- Environmental Best Practice Award sponsored by Viridor Waste Management. This category is open to all businesses that have improved their performance by implementing environmental actions within their company.
- Sustainable Procurement Award sponsored by Godliman & Watson. Open to both private and public organisations the award highlights the innovative approaches companies have taken to increase their purchasing of sustainable services, products and materials.
- Environmental Management System Implementation Award sponsored by O2. Businesses that have taken steps to improve their environmental performance through environmental management systems.
- Environmental Innovation Award. This award rewards businesses which are developing or using new or existing environmental technologies.
- Healthy Living Award sponsored by Bolton Council. Recognises the contribution to improving the health and well-being of people at work, at home or in the community.
- Schools Citizenship and Environment Award sponsored by Bolton at Home. For school projects that have had a positive impact in their local neighbourhoods.
- Public Sector Cleaner and Greener Award sponsored by Groundwork. For public sector organisations that have demonstrated sustainable improvements in the appearance of land or premises.
- Community Changing Places Award sponsored by Six Town Housing. For community groups that have created or improved green and open spaces to enhance the quality of life in their neighbourhoods.
- Diamond Award sponsored by ISM Waste Services Ltd for the best overall entry.
The closing date for all nominations is October 23 and the awards will be presented at Bolton Town Hall on November 19. For further information contact Susan Shiers on 0161 724 3770.