There will be a number of road restrictions in place for the Ironman event taking place on Sunday, August 2.
Marshals will be present at all major junctions to allow access to the emergency services, residents, businesses and public transport.
Those coming into Bolton town centre from the M61 motorway should avoid Junction 6 and use Junction 5.
Motorists are advised to avoid Chorley New Road. There are likely to be delays around the Crown pub at Horwich until mid-afternoon.
The A58 Ring Road will remain fully open but there will be no access to and from it at the junction with Chorley New Road. Also motorists won’t be able to drive from Spa Road through to Chorley New Road either via Mayor Street or Chorley Street.
Lostock railway station in Rumworth Road will operate as normal, although it will not be possible to access it from Tempest Road or Junction Road West.
Access to Overdale Crematorium and churches on the route will be maintained.
Full details of affected roads as follows:-
Chorley New Road – from 10.30am to midnight:
• Narrow lanes will be in place in both directions from the Crown at Horwich to the Beehive pub.
• Chorley New Road will be closed from the Beehive pub to the junction at Chorley Street.
• The Winter Hey Lane approach to Chorley New Road will be closed.
Horwich – from 10.30am to 5.30pm:
• Lever Park Avenue will be closed at its junction with Scholes Bank.
Road closures in Bolton town centre – from 10.30am to midnight:
• White Lion Brow – from the Spa Road to Chorley Street and St Helena Road.
• Chorley Street – from St Helena Road to the southern side of the entrance to Chorley Street car park.
• St Helena Road – from Chorley Street to Noel Street.
• Noel Street – from St Georges Road to Bark Street and from Bark Street, south to St Helena Road.
• St Edmund Street – from St Helena Road.
• Bark Street – from Chorley Street to Knowsley Street.
• Pool Street – from St Georges Road to St Helena Road.
• Duke Street – from St Georges Road south to Bark Street.
• Back Bark Street – from Noel Street to Knowsley Street.
• Knowsley Street – from St Georges Road to Deansgate.
• Palatine Street – from Ridgeway Gates to Knowsley Street.
• Ridgeway Gates – from Palatine Street to Deansgate.
• Deansgate – from Howell Croft North to Knowsley Street;
• Le Mans Crescent – from Howell Croft North to Howell Croft South.
• Mayor Street – from Spa Road to Croal Street (northbound only).
• Middlebrook cycle path – from Lostock to Overdale Drive.
There will also be temporary No Waiting restrictions in place from 8am to midnight in the following areas:
• Chorley New Road, Horwich – from Lee Lane to De Havilland Way (north side only).
• Regent Road – from Chorley New Road to Rumworth Road (western and southern sides only).
• Overdale Drive – from its westerly junction with Chorley New Road to its cross roads south of Oak Coppice (both sides).
For more information visit the link on the right hand side or call the council on 01204 334321.