Nominations have opened for this year’s Best Customer Care award for council staff.
The winner of the 2014 was the Home Support Re-ablement team which provides planned, short term, intensive help to adults.
The service is there to make sure residents maximise their independence following a period of illness, disability or loss of confidence. The service is available to adults aged 18 and over, living within their own homes within the borough.
- help with personal hygiene such as bathing; getting in and out of bed; regaining confidence in daily living tasks; medication support; making a drink, preparing a meal or snack
- identifying what longer term care and support is needed. Identifying and referring to other agencies as appropriate
- shopping, pension collection, laundry and other household tasks where the service user is able to regain or retain existing skills
- accessing social, recreational, occupational, and leisure facilities
- promoting independence for individuals who have lost a partner or main carer, and who are unfamiliar with certain tasks such as using a washing machine
The team strives to give service users the best possible care and support 365 days of the year.
To nominate for the 2016 award please fill in the form on the right and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The award is for the person, team or project that has gone the extra mile to deliver outstanding service to customers.
Best Customer Care is one of nine Bolton’s Best awards with council staff nominating in the other categories. The council’s IT supplier, Agilisys has once again agreed to be a sponsor enabling us to cover the costs of running the awards.
The winners will be announced in December.